Sunday, June 12, 2011

Learning from Bartimaeus today...

Today we had the "little people" Nick and Lucyah Della Valle sharing their talents and love for the Lord in the gifted way God has given them. (Go to 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL7gsV0Mw44 to get a taste of their story-telling).
As they told the story of Bartimaeus, they brought out in the end about his spiritual sight being more important than his physical sight, and how faith in the Lord even when you don't see Him, is what Jesus taught Thomas, when He told him, "Thomas, because you have seen me you have believed.  Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed" (John 20:29)

I think that is teaching me to continue on with life, and praising God each day,  whether I see/feel things in my body that make me question whether the cancer is growing or not.  Right now the only things that makes me question, are the nagging lower backache, and my often getting cramps in my legs throughout the night and particularly when I stretch in the morning.  I praise the Lord that I feel normal...well, as normal as this lady can be!

Thank you for those who pray for me.  God is truly blessing me with His strength, peace and joy.   I guess one thing I'm learning more and more, is that the future is His.  I'm thankful He is there for me.   Like Paul, I want to say,  "For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death.  For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain" (Phil. 1:19-21)

I'll save the rest til next time... as I want to share with you some pictures of the time I enjoyed being in Israel, too.  God is so good !



No comments:

Post a Comment