Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Am I like a bird in the snow????

A little junco (snowbird) outside my window...  His telling us snow was coming proved true!



It's a great day to feed birds!  When the snow comes and there's little to eat for the birds, they really flock to where they can get it.  Maybe that's how I am, too.   When I'm not "in need",  z z z z z z zzz. I don't pray like I should, I can go to sleep on my knees.    The One who is waiting to "feed" me and wanting to give me spiritual nourishment, and strength to continue, is still waiting with the abundant supply of what I need..

Snowball, our cat!
But when times are tough,  birds even venture to places that were "dangerous" to them before.   (Do you see the little bird in the homemade 3 liter pop bottle feeder?)
I know I should take more risks in living for Jesus, too.
















And they even get along with those other birds that are not "of their feather"

And even have to learn to "wait my turn"!

And I've always loved the thought that to God we are more valuable than the birds...yes, even the sparrows.
I like this verse from Psalm 84...."Even the sparrow has found a home, And the swallow a nest for herself, Where she may lay her young— Even Your altars, O LORD of hosts, My King and my God."  (Do you feel like singing now?)

From Luke 12:6, 7  "Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins? And not one of them is forgotten before God ...But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows."

So Lord, I'm glad I don't feel like a sparrow alone.... from Psalm 107:2  " I lie awake, And am like a sparrow alone on the housetop."  With the Lord on my side, and all you friends who read this.......... I am sooooooo blessed!

1 comment: