Saturday, February 19, 2011

Parallels

Is this cancer like Haman's plan to destroy the Jews?   Oh, I see so many parallels!  Haman is like a picture of Satan trying to destroy God's people.  But you don't touch God's people without it backfiring!

God is my King.  Now in this parallel, "Esther spoke yet again to the king, and fell down at his feet and besought him with tears to avert the evil plot of Haman the Agagite and his scheme that he had devised against the Jews." ( Esther 8:3, Amp.)

And my Father King, in JESUS' Name,  I do fall down at Your feet, and with tears (see my last blog), ask, beseech  You, (the Hebrew word "chanan" translated "besought", actually has more of the meaning to ask for mercy and favor rather than to beg),  to avert this evil plot of cancer against me. 


"Then the king held out his golden scepter.  So Esther arose and stood before the king." (vs 4)  The Lord is favorable and wanting to give me His provision for my need.  I will arise and stand before my King!

"And she said, 'If it pleases the king, and if I have found favor in his sight, and the thing seems right before the king and I am pleasing in his eyes, let it be written to reverse the letters devised by Haman son of Hammedatha, the Agagite, which he wrote to destroy the Jews who are in all the king's provinces."  (vs. 5)  Wow!!! Can you see the progression of thought with me? 
  • "if it pleases the king" (not my will, but Yours be done!)
  • "if I have found favor in his sight" (because I am now in Christ, I HAVE found favor! Also I like what Job said in chapter 10 verses 11, 12   Thou hast clothed me with skin and flesh, and hast fenced me with bones and sinews.  Thou hast granted me life and favour, and thy visitation hath preserved my spirit. )
  • "and the thing seems right before the king"  (if it seems right to Him-- It's not mine to decide.)
  • "and I am pleasing in his eyes" (from Song of Sol. 2:16 this thought about  "I am my Beloved's and He is mine...His banner over me is love"   And also as far as I know, Lord,  I am trying to please You, though I do have to ask forgiveness lots of times where I fail...)

Oh, there is more... look at verse 7 "Then the King Ahasuerus said to Queen Esther and to Mordecai the Jew, 'Behold, I have given Esther the house of Haman, and him they have hanged upon the gallows because he laid his hand upon the Jews'."  Satan was defeated at the cross when Jesus died on Calvary, and then arose three days later...like what Satan was told already in Genesis 3:15, "And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel."  Jesus is the Seed of the woman, and at the cross, his head was bruised.   Satan's power was broken!

But there's more....that'll have to wait.  I've got work to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment