Thursday, February 3, 2011

life...a vapor that fades away

Two new perspectives on life, compared to a normal lifespan have come to mind today.   We were saddened to hear of our good friends' 28 year old son's death.   He had been diagnosed only about 2 months ago, and now he is in eternity.  It was in the lungs and head.  I can't imagine how his Momma and Daddy  feel!

     My first report from the radiologist was that it looked like metastasis in my lungs on my CT scan.   If that had been true, (or if the Lord hadn't touched me?), I could also be sooooo close to eternity.  Why does the Lord keep an older person like me going, yet take a fine young man like that????  The PET scan found "hot spots" in my bones, not in the lungs.  My heart goes out to this young man's family.   I guess I'll really have to wait to ask Jesus Christ Himself that some day, and remember to live each day now as a gift from God.  Lord, help me to do that!

The other perspective?

     Actually, it's the scary scenes in Cairo that make me remember the young, and old, the rich and poor, who are at risk in the Middle East, and actually all over the world.  I think I've been so consumed about myself, my husband, our family, church and even our little community that I've failed to remember, or care for them!

     My dear grandkids in Egypt, so fervent in their prayers, are making me pause and consider.  How am I praying?   Am I so close to the Lord that I can call on Him with adoration, trust, and passion?  No, I know I've become slow, and lethargic lately...

     Pray for me that I WILL LIVE EACH DAY AS A GIFT FROM GOD!   One of my friends on Facebook compared each day to a treasure hunt...and I can't find who wrote it, and how the rest of that thought played out.  I need to have more of that "get up and go with excitement" in my life.  Pray for me...because

"Whereas ye know not what [shall be] on the morrow. For what [is] your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."  James 4:14

No comments:

Post a Comment