Thursday, January 27, 2011

Was my DNA in Psalm 139?

I'm really enjoying Psalm 139 this year....probably should make it my project to memorize it!  Every time I read it, something new jumps out at me.  Several times I've pondered on what David (or the Holy Spirit!) meant in verse 15.   I love the way the Amplified Version puts it, "My frame was not hidden from You when I was being formed in secret (and) intricately and curiously wrought (as if embroidered with various colors) in the depths of the earth (a region of darkness and mystery)."  The "where" was what I pondered.  The thought came to me, "could it mean, going back to Adam being made out of dust 'out of the depths of the earth', and in him our own colorful embroidered DNA was begun?"

Then verses 16 and 17 are so precious, concerning God seeing our unformed substance, and already then had the number of our days in His book... AND  "How precious and weighty also are Your thoughts to me, O God!  How vast is the sum of them!" vs 17 (Amp).   That's amazing, isn't it?   God is thinking about me!   now, today!

And so I want to communicate back with Him, and say, "God, I'm sooooooooooo glad to be in Your book.  I'm soooooooo glad you know the number of my days. I don't know how this cancer is working in my body, but I'm sooooooooo glad You do!    I'm soooooooooo glad you loved me, and each of Adam's descendants soooooooooo much that You'd send Your only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believes in Him would not perish, but have everlasting life!   (John 3:16)  Just thank you, dear LORD!"

No comments:

Post a Comment